Setup file for startkde

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Sun Feb 22 15:43:23 GMT 2004

On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 03:36:12PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> > > What's wrong with sourcing everything?
> > >
> > some people _hate_ bourne shell ... not that i would care. *g*
>
> I'm not experienced enough with csh to know what to do about that...
> (does startkde even work with csh?)

no, csh is completely incompatible to bourne shell, and that's the whole
point - csh scripts could be only executed. obviously that's useless for
environment setup purposes.
i think the source *.sh path is ok; it is sufficently flexible.

> > > (OK if I do the same in the shutdown session?)
> > in principle, yes.
> Now I'm not sure what "the same" means for you and for me :)
> Filtering out foo~ and foo.bak, or looking for *.sh only? The former, right?

i would prefer sourcing only, so the stuff would be symmetric. but due to
backwards compat requirements this is no option anyway ...

> +    if echo "$file" | egrep -v "(~$|\.bak$)" >/dev/null 2>&1; then

the regex must be in single quotes because of the dollars. btw, you can
take the dollar out of the parens as it is common to both parts.

otherwise the patch is ok with me.

greetings