kdm & kdesktop packaging

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fri Feb 20 16:17:01 GMT 2004

moin,

i found no kde-packagers list, so i post here ...

about every packager so far fell over it, so i think i should point this
out before somebody actually ships broken stuff.
- kdm needs a new pam service definition for password-less/automatic
  logins.
- kdesktop_lock and kdm share common "conversation" plugins. the plugins
  are located in kdm/kfrontend/. if you package kdm independently from
  kdesktop, you have to split out the plugins (well, there is only one
  currently) into a separate package which both depend on.

i'd like to point out here that i carefully maintain a log of kdm's
changes which are relevant for administrators and packagers -
kdm/ChangeLog. note that this log contains _only_ such changes, so you
can safely "attach some observer to it" without being spammed with
irrelevant stuff.

greetings