Suggestion: Make "WhatsThis" 100% complete for next release

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Tue Feb 17 20:15:40 GMT 2004

On Saturday 14 February 2004 14:18, Dr. Juergen Pfennig wrote:
> Suggestion: could some smart GUI guru modify the behavior of dialogs so
> that the "what is this" disappears automatically if no tool-tip is
> registered?
Hmm, but this means as soon as there is one tool-tip in the dialog, all
"What's this" will be enabled. I'd rather suggest a modification to change
the mouse cursor after clicking on the "?" according to the hovered widget:
if there is a tooltip, show the "?" next to the cursor, if not, show the "?"
stroke out or similar.

Or, as a second possibility, after clicking the "?" disable all GUI elements
in the dialog/app that do not have a tooltip. On first sight it will thus be
clear where to click.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience