idea: kpersonalizer to ask for user 'type'

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at Kossebau.de
Wed Feb 18 11:26:03 GMT 2004

Am Mittwoch, 18. Februar 2004 10:38 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2004 15:38, Janne Karhunen wrote:
> > way - kpersonalizer exists already. Why not make it to ask
> > for user level and do the settings accordingly? IMHO asking
> > this would be FAR more important than asking for a theme to
> > be used.
>
> Welcome to the real world: People have different views in what
> level they are in than you might configure for them.

I guess the proposal Janne presents is born out of the
Konsole-start-button-default-in-kicker-or-not problem. "Level" might be the
wrong term here. "Type" fits much more IMHO.

With e.g. "Home", "SOHO", "Coder", "Scientist", "Geek",
"InsertYourTypeHereIfCommon" there could be more suited default layouts that
would please more people.
Only problem - needs someone to define these types and suiting default
layouts. And someone to turn this into code :(
And no - IMHO one step more in KPersonalizer is okay. It should save some time
afterwards (like finding out how to add/remove the konsole start button to
kicker ;)

Friedrich