Disabling aRts in knotify

Arnold Krille kde at arnoldarts.de
Tue Feb 17 20:28:01 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 20:54, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> On February 17, 2004 12:38, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > > instead of making the system notifications panel more complex and
> > > expecting people to actually find this new setting in the GUI, how
> > > about using the StartServer entry in kcmartsrc as the default when
> > > reading "User Arts" in knotify? this way stopping usage of aRts in the
> > > sound server has the expected results.
> > > patch attached..
> > After looking at the patch inside the full file I realized that knotify
> > checks wether the last startup was successfull with aRts and uses its
> > "Use Arts" for this too. This is now unusable. :-(
> > Maybe this checking should be disabled...
> i don't think so, at least not from just reading the code (arts doesn't
> crash here =). if Use Arts is true, it goes through the steps of checking
> if it crashed last time due to arts crashing. so, making the default of Use
> Arts depend on the arts kcm settings shouldn't have any affect on this...
> no? yes?

But after choosing not to use arts after a crash this setting is stored in the
wrong file...
It should be a combination of the both. knotify should respect the setting in
kcmarts but also use its own setting. So the variable useArts should be false
if one of the two setting is false.

Who implements it?

Arnold
--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de