Disabling aRts in knotify

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Feb 17 19:00:32 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 19:27, Arnold Krille wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 February 2004 19:14, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> This looks good and is much nicer for kde3.2 than my solution. I just had
> not the knowledge to implement it...
>
> Could you commit it if there are no objections the next hours/days?

Yes, please :-)

> Still I am thinking about the anounced longer term solutions. (Hi mkretz
> ;-) )

I think there was something like an conclusion that at the latest for kde 4
kde will be independent of arts again and that it should be possible to
support different sound backends. I for one would be more than satisfied with
plain /dev/dsp support, since my soundcard features two channels. One for
xmms, the other one for all other sounds :-)

Bye
Alex