Disabling aRts in knotify

Arnold Krille kde at arnoldarts.de
Tue Feb 17 18:27:23 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 19:14, Aaron Seigo wrote:
> On February 16, 2004 15:04, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > As it seems KNotify doesn't respect the setting in "Sound system". So I
> > added another checkbox to the advanced playersettings to disable aRts. I
> > didn't test wether aRts still gets started or not so far (I didn't want
> > to stop my music :-) ) but It doesn't try to play sounds or connect to
> > aRts anymore if told so.
> > This would be a short time solution with the possibility for backporting
> > imho.
> instead of making the system notifications panel more complex and expecting
> people to actually find this new setting in the GUI, how about using the
> StartServer entry in kcmartsrc as the default when reading "User Arts" in
> knotify? this way stopping usage of aRts in the sound server has the
> expected results.
> patch attached..

This looks good and is much nicer for kde3.2 than my solution. I just had not
the knowledge to implement it...

Could you commit it if there are no objections the next hours/days?

Still I am thinking about the anounced longer term solutions. (Hi mkretz ;-) )

Arnold
--
Get my public-key from pgp.mit.edu or pgp.uni-mainz.de