Relevancy of Preferences KCM

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Mon Feb 16 00:40:35 GMT 2004

On Sunday 15 February 2004 19:06, Frans Englich wrote:
> I was thinking about the Preferences KCM(in "Internet & Network"),
> shouldn't it be ok if we just settled for sensible defaults and then
> dropped the KCM?
>
> AFAICT, everyone should be fine with the timeout values and also passive
> FTP. Dunno about "Mark partially uploaded files".
>
> What do people think?

  Absolutely not.  These are very important settings for people on various
sorts of unreliable (or particularly reliable) networks, as well as those
behind all sorts of firewalls.  The defaults are sensible already and very
few people need to use this KCM - so it just sits there unused and
unobtrustive.  Nevertheless, people do need it.  There is no reason to remove
it, and perhaps reason to add more to it.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/