Suggestion: Make "WhatsThis" 100% complete for next release

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Feb 15 12:55:36 GMT 2004

On Saturday 14 February 2004 14:53, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> But I still wish to convince every developer that the WhatsThis is a
> very very usefull feature for users (and for "KDE Marketing") ---
> *if* it is there. And that's why we should make it a policy that it
> *shoud* be there, and that disabling it is regarded as a lower
> quality according to any "KDE standard" rule....

You don't have to convince me. I just want to point out that the
developers, especially if they are no native English speakers, are
probably not the right persons for this task. Adding WhatsThis is a
pretty trivial task once one has come up with a nice text and it's
definitely a task for people who want to help, but can't really code.

I promise to add any WhatsThis help texts that are written for parts of
KMail's GUI to KMail. Just send them to kmail-devel at kde.org.

Regards,
Ingo