Suggestion: Make "WhatsThis" 100% complete for next release

Daniel Naber daniel.naber at t-online.de
Thu Feb 12 21:26:45 GMT 2004

On Thursday 12 February 2004 19:58, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> 100% WhatsThis to me is one of the most important single criteria
> to declare KDE a "polished" and enterprise-ready desktop. It could
> be one of the jobs of the Quality Teams to look for gaps and close
> them.

I think WhatThis isn't as usable as it could be: you need two clicks just
to notice that there's no help for that specific button. Of course not
every button needs a help, this makes it more complicated. Wouldn't a
"hyperlink approach" be more reasonable? By this i mean: next to each
button, input field etc that has a help text there's a small blue "?" that
can be clicked. Advantages: it's easy to recognize that there *is* help,
and it requires only one click.

Also, it would be cool if the documentation could somehow "include" these
help texts. Duplication could thus be avoided.

Regards
 Daniel

--
http://www.danielnaber.de