A humble packager's request: Retire kdeaddons.

Klas Kalass klas.kalass at gmx.de
Thu Feb 12 11:43:55 GMT 2004

Am Donnerstag, 12. Februar 2004 11:49 schrieb David Faure:
> On Thursday 12 February 2004 11:43, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > Lots of modules mix applications and libraries...
>
> But none of them (except kdelibs of course) offer libraries that are used
> by other modules (except by kdeaddons). That's the main problem here.
Additionally, the concept of the Extra Gear excludes libraries by intention so
no inter-module dependencies can occur.[1]

Regards, Klas

[1] Yes, yes I know, the bluetooth framework does not exactly obey to this
restriction, but they do include applications and use KDE technologies
heavily and do not provide a library but a metaserver, a kcm module and
an kioslave additionally to some apps. And they had good arguments that they
really should go into the Extra Gear "as one", at least for now ;-)