[patch] kioslave performance issues, dramatic improvement for ftp

Dr. Juergen Pfennig info at j-pfennig.de
Wed Feb 11 14:06:38 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 14:11, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Wed February 11 2004 13:22, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > The copy method is also used for inter-protocol copies and you break that
> > in your patch. So technically you have to return ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED when
> > the dest.protocol() is != file.
>
> I think it is only called for ftp-to-ftp copies, but since that is indeed
> not handled, it should return ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED in that case.

Hm it's true -FileCopyJob::slotStart() calls startCopyJob() also if the
protocols and some parameters are the same. This is broken by my code.

But how could ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED help in this case? Should it be passed to the
error() function? How would the job then be executed? Maybe it would be
better to implement the copy() routine correctly!

> > Otherwise the patch should be fine and I guess, you're right that we
> > should move some of this in the framework to make copyToFile available to
> > sftp, fish, smb, etc.

Yes. OK I raised your attention. Tell me if I can help you implementing the
stuff. Should I write the remaining code to implement copy() in the ftp slave
completely?

Yours Jürgen