run-time KConfigDialog/KConfigSkeleton

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Wed Feb 11 13:08:26 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 13:28, Rob Kaper wrote:

> It looks like the dialog can handle it since I'm just passing a skeleton to
> it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to populate the skeleton at
> run-time. That would be an extremely powerful feature.

With KConfigSkeleton::addItem() and its type-specific counterparts you can
populate a KConfigSkeleton object at runtime.

> 2) Is it possible (haven't examined it closely yet due to the first issue)
> to make sure no file interaction takes place?

Unless you call KConfigSkeleton::read/writeConfig() the config files aren't
read or written. You might have to pass a dummy configfile name to the
KConfigSkeleton constructor, though. It might be nice to add an additional
constructor for memory-only KConfigSkeletons here.

Another function we are missing is a way to set the config file after creation
of the KConfigSkeleton.