[patch] kioslave performance issues, dramatic improvement for ftp

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Feb 11 12:22:53 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 12:25, Dr. Juergen Pfennig wrote:
>    Except "file" no kio slave seems to implement the "copy" method. The "ftp"
> slave contained the comment "as far as I know this is not implemented". But
> it is (see patch) and it works!
The copy method is also used for inter-protocol copies and you break that in your
patch. So technically you have to return ERR_NOT_SUPPORTED when the dest.protocol()
is != file.

Otherwise the patch should be fine and I guess, you're right that we should move some
of this in the framework to make copyToFile available to sftp, fish, smb, etc.

Greetings, Stephan

--
There may be no I in TEAM, but a M and an E.