libqt-addon in kdelibs

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at kdemail.net
Tue Feb 10 13:12:34 GMT 2004

Hello everyone,

libqt-addon is now inside kdelibs, in HEAD. This has the following
impacts:

1) code is not well tested outside Linux. Any problems compiling or
running it, please mail me (and/or this list). Compiler output errors
and fix suggestions are appreciated. The code also has lots of
debugging (through qDebug) active, so you may get an idea of what's
wrong.

2) ALL KDE applications will start a new thread if the application
requests a non-trivial name-resolution. So, if in your LinuxThreads
system you see kio_http's each having a child process or two, here's
the reason.

3) Some socket features may be disabled in kdecore in the future as
integration and obsolescence of current code moves on. I should
especially note KSocks. If any of this happens, it'll be temporary. I
emphasize that no features are currently disabled *now*.

4) It is a library, so developers are strongly encouraged to use it and
report documentation errors, bugs, API design flaws or anything related
to that. I'll try and do my best to keep the binary incompatible
changes to a minimum during the development process.

5) anything that I have overlooked

I am now rebuilding kdelibs with the library integrated. As soon as this
is finished, I'll send a new mail advertising the merged branch.

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom (AT) mail (dot) com