[Kde-pim] Re: kmail: aegypten_branch merged into HEAD

Helio Chissini de Castro helio at kde.org
Tue Feb 10 11:28:16 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 05:28, Andy Fawcett wrote:
> From a packagers point of view, what is the current estimation on these
> 'alpha' software packages being released?
>
> Some packagers will not distribute alpha software at all, and I think
> that unless the situation is resolved before kdepim 3.3 is released,
> you'll simply find they don't distribute kdepim 3.3 at all. That would,
> in my opinion, make a mockery out of the whole kdepim 3.3 release.
>
> Of course, if gpgme 0.4.4 (et al) are aall released before kdepim 3.3,
> the issue is moot.

I share my feelings with Andy..
Beside i can decide wich KDE app i will deliver, i'm not in charge of this
part of distro things, like gpg, gpgme, etc.
And have you tried convince a security analyst to launch a Alpha app that
relies direct in some security thing ?
This could be really a blocker in our case

--
Helio Chissini de Castro
KDE Developer