kmail: aegypten_branch merged into HEAD

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Tue Feb 10 07:28:41 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 10 February 2004 08:53, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 February 2004 07:22, Zack Rusin wrote:

> > > Are you serious? KMail now depends on CVS versions of external
> > > libraries and a hell of a lot of other new dependencies?
> >
> > I completely agree. I don't have as much time nowadays anyway and
> > even Debian unstable doesn't have those. Now I have to go and be
> > creating packages for external libraries that I'll never use just
> > to work on KMail again. Sucks to be me...
>
> I think Marc made that sound quite a lot worse than it is. On my SuSE
> 9.0 I just had to compile libgpg-error 0.6 and gpgme 0.4.4.
> Everything else was OK.

From a packagers point of view, what is the current estimation on these
'alpha' software packages being released?

Some packagers will not distribute alpha software at all, and I think
that unless the situation is resolved before kdepim 3.3 is released,
you'll simply find they don't distribute kdepim 3.3 at all. That would,
in my opinion, make a mockery out of the whole kdepim 3.3 release.

Of course, if gpgme 0.4.4 (et al) are aall released before kdepim 3.3,
the issue is moot.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk