missing feedback (Re: [kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2)

jordi at bluesock.net jordi at bluesock.net
Thu Feb 5 23:40:17 GMT 2004

> On February 5, 2004 13:30, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 February 2004 20:12, Christian Loose wrote:
> > > So my real question is, how should this be handled when one stumbles
> > > over one of those patches? Just test and commit it? What do the other
> > > app maintainers think?
> >
> > Just a vague idea: create a list where the patches are forwarded/sent.
> > Anyone (with a CVS account) wanting to take care of those patches can
> > look at it, ask the maintainer and if the maintainer doesn't react and
> > the patch
>
> there's actually a link on bugs.kde.org called "Reports with patches"...
> its a fast way to get a list of all 168 BRs that have patches.
>
> > is good, commit. Hm, are the quality team members a candidate for this?
>
> yes. this is perfect work for them: read the reports, apply the patches
> locally, test, report back and triage with the maintainers / other coders

Or a code monkey, in kernel development, there's a person in charge of manage
small patches, on liners and the like. As the patches in bug reports tends to
be small, i think that only a person can be in charge in that

See if patches still apply, modify it to make it work, test and  report to
maintainer or send to CVS himself.
If nobody shows around, i can do that work. I have no CVS account, if you
don't dare to give me one directly, i'll send patches to maintainers again
and again.

--
J.p