[kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Feb 5 15:00:16 GMT 2004

Am Thursday 05 February 2004 02:32 pm schrieb Stephan Kulow:

Hi Coolo,

> Do you always have to spoil the fun?

;-)

> > Please keep always in mind that KDE is indeed still growing
> > exponentially.
>
> If so, your two statements are completely separated, right? Because the
> graph looks pretty linear to me.

Well, the two statements belong together. Considering the combined effects
that KDE is growing exponentially but the bugs are growing linearily shows
that we are not doing that bad in contrast to what our chief pessimist Rob
tried to make us believe ;-)

> But no matter how much KDE grows, the number of bug reports definitely
> grows faster than the number of bug fixers ;(

Yes, this is indeed an issue to be dealt with.

Still be aware of the fact that the number of _reported_ bugs is not only
related to the number of real bugs but also to many other issues like ease of
bug reporting, popularity, awareness....

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de