future versions (Re: [kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2)

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Thu Feb 5 08:27:41 GMT 2004

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 09:57:18PM +0100, Harald Fernengel wrote:
> I'm actively developing it on Qt 4 and porting it to Qt 3.3 in my spare
> time (which is not much and requires crude hacks :( ), a snapshot can be
> found at http://trolls.troll.no/~harald/accessibility/. Moving quickly
> to KDE 4 would allow us to break BIC in kdelibs where it is needed for
> the accessibility stuff.

We moved to Qt3/KDE3 quickly for BiDi text support, *and* to have a
long-lived binary-compatible 3.x platform for third-party developers to
develop against, which more or less prevents us from using the same argument
again for 4.x.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | 2/17 Blink-182, 2/29 Anti-Flag
cap at capsi.com | 3/5  Anti-Flag/Heideroosjes, 3/19 The Offspring