[kde-announce] Announcing KDE 3.2

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Thu Feb 5 05:46:03 GMT 2004

On Thursday 05 February 2004 06:35, Frans Englich wrote:

> Regarding the bug database - there is a huge amount of BRs and a lot
> of them are irrelevant and others are easily fixed.

If you know of irrelevant bug reports why don't you close them and if
they are easily fixed why don't you fix them?

> Wouldn't it be
> possible to do a minor KDE release which was not released before the
> bug count has gone below a reasonable amount?(since the code freeze
> most likely would be longer that would also allow translators to do a
> thorough job) Or some kind of cleanup verification, each BR would
> have to be flagged as being valid(verifying it have been looked at)
> or close/fix it.

That's what we are doing all the time. The bug reports aren't that bad
maintained as one could think when reading your statement. I don't see
how any special actions could improve the situation. More people
actively working on the bug database would improve the situation, but
that doesn't need any changes in the way it is done.