Move wallpapers instead (was: Re: Moving kdcop)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Feb 4 00:37:49 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 15:58, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  Is this all only about that small thing called kdcop? If kdebase is
> so large, why not moving e.g. most of the wallpapers from it? Ten
> times more space saved.

I fully agree. kdebase/pics/wallpapers is 1.8 MB. All large pics except
for our default wallpaper (default_blue.jpg AFAIK) should be moved to
kdeartwork. But this would break backwards compatibility, right?
Because people who update, but don't install kdeartwork would lose
their favorite wallpaper (which used to be in kdebase). Doh!

Regards,
Ingo