Roaming User Support - Questions...

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Feb 3 22:30:46 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 22:59, Dr. Juergen Pfennig wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 February 2004 20:04, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > You're placing filesystem level jobs on KDE.
>
> Yes I know. Tell me more about ...

I don't know but caching/off-line file systems capability does not belong at
KDE, it would be very bad engineering.
AFAICT there's a big demand for this functionality and it's not exactly
difficult to find people who can mention trouble with NFS. Also, there is
stuff(read: code) going on in this area, so we just have to wait.. KDE can't
really address it anyway.

My two cents,

		Frans