Semantics in kde-features.xml?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Tue Feb 3 00:37:22 GMT 2004

On February 2, 2004 03:52 am, Brad Hards wrote:
> In developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-features.xml, what does it
> mean for a feature to be "done"? That it has been committed and no further
> development work is planned before the target release? That the bulk of the
> code is done, and we're into tweaking mode? Or somethign else?
Done is a committed feature that works as announced or as expected.
Debugging and tweaking is never finished...
> Similarly, when is it appropriate to use <strong>NEW IN KDE:</strong>? Who
> decides on this?
The app maintainer/team asks for his app/lib to be added in a module. The
module people decide if this is possible or not. Sometimes, a debate will
occur here, on core-devel, if any special problem might occur from an app
integration.
Usually, the module peers/developers approve the integration and thus this
will be a New in KDE element.
This is how I perceive it ;)

Cheers,

annma