Moving kdcop

Andy Fawcett andy at athame.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 05:16:54 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 01:09, Frans Englich wrote:

> > If you mean you are trying to influence distributions:
>
> I'm not, I'm trying to make KDE be more like distributors want it.
> Feel free to quote where I indicated that.

Feel free to cite references where distributors have expressed needs
like this, I'm not aware of any.

1. Many packagers split the packages down to application level,
therefore it doesn't matter which module things are in. Moving them at
this stage merely causes the packagers more work, as they have to
rework their packaging scripts/procedures.

2. Some other packagers (like the team I work with) package the modules
atomically, but I don't recall any of them asking for kdcop to be
moved.

Please, when you come in with your "grand plans", at least have the
courtesy to back them up with a rationale, and preferably hard facts.

Andy
Just one of the packagers of KDE on FreeBSD.

Andy Fawcett                                     | andy at athame.co.uk
Helping keep KDE portable                        | tap at lspace.org
http://freebsd.kde.org/                          | tap at fruitsalad.org