Exorcising KSpell

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Mon Feb 2 08:15:57 GMT 2004

On Monday 02 February 2004 04:26, Zack Rusin wrote:
> I'd like to start switching with koffice because David is assigning some
> of its bugs to me and I don't drink so they get me close to crying
> every single time.
/me pats Zack on the shoulder...

I'd like to have a good spell-checker in KOffice, and if you can't replace the
kdelibs version then I'm pretty sure the change in KOffice will not offend
anyone.

While we are on the topic of spell-checking.  The algorithm to present the
user with alternatives for his wrongly-spelled word; has that been rewritten
as well?
I really hate how it does such a bad job, and some algorithms I came across
the other day would probably do a better job.

Cheers!

--
Thomas Zander