kdegraphics code cleanup patch

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 13:03:30 GMT 2004

Hi,

I have been going through various pieces of kde code. I am attaching a patch
against kdegraphics that fixes or highlights problem areas. In some cases I don't
know the best way to solve the problem, but pointing it out should allow the
maintainers to do the right thing.

kfile-plugins/jpeg/exif.cpp
process_EXIF is called without verifying that itemlen >= 8. If you look at the
called function, it accesses the 8th element in the data array. The same goes for
the process_SOFn function. For both of these, I placed a FIXME tag since I don't
know how you really want to handle it. The code does check for itemlen > 2, but
that's not sufficient for these 2 cases.

kfile-plugins/jpeg/kfile_setcomment.cpp has a couple of memory leaks.

kpdf/kpdf/kpdf_part.cpp has semi-colon's where there shouldn't be any.

libkscan/kscandevice.cpp has a couple spelling problems and uses the wrong delete
operator in 2 places.

Thanks,
-Steve Grubb