default resolution of kde?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Fri Dec 31 00:49:20 GMT 2004

On Friday 31 December 2004 00:46, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> I am not talking about with of the QLabels, but height of the window. Just
> open those windows and see. It has nothing to do with the length of the
> translated word.Those windows just contain too much widgets one on top of
> the other.

Ah, yes. Sorry, missed that _that_ was the bone of contention. Part of the
problem appears to be the use of group boxes (which use up lots of vertical
space) for one-item groups -- consider desktop->panels->arrangement -- but I
can't see the tradeoff into horizontal space working out (not immediately, at
least). Internet -> Web Browser -> Web Behavior is another; Regional ->
KHotKeys is ugly, but not too tall. Sound->Sound System could be shortened by
moving the explanatory texts into tooltips/whatsthis. Sysadmin->Login Manager
appears too tall only because there's the "needs root" box above the tab
widget. Those are the only ones that appear too tall to me, and that's with
Lucida 12 for everything.

--
Don't worry, 't ain't no shame to be stupid - ol' mouse.
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot