default resolution of kde?

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Thu Dec 30 23:14:27 GMT 2004

On Thursday 30 December 2004 23:47, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 30 December 2004 03:23, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > I will try and complain here about a few programs in the next weeks, I
> > hope no one minds. (is it better for me to do it in bugs.kde.org? I think
> > no, more audience here).
>
> this would likely be a great way to annoy some people, but i don't know if
> annoyance is really the goal =)

Depends on if you're reading kde-unusability or not.

> perhaps you could start a list of all the dialogs that are Too Big(tm) and
> put them on a web page somewhere and keep track of status of them. for KDE4

Don't forget the huge impact fonts have here; how default is Diego's sense of
"default"? I think if a clean start after rm -rf .kde (er, $KDEHOME), through
KPresonalizer [1] yields settings such that a particular dialog is "Too
Big(tm)", _then_ we can worry. Otherwise, stop setting your fonts to 14pt
default (like I do, and which causes me to bitch about KDEPIM components
being ugly).

[1] Perhaps we should demand a properly configured X as well, for purposes of
font dimensioning. I don't know what all the factors are that influence font
sizing and hence the layout of dialogs.

--
Don't worry, 't ain't no shame to be stupid - ol' mouse.
    GPG: FEA2 A3FE Adriaan de Groot