Set shadowSortColumn false per default

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Tue Dec 21 10:49:31 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 09:07, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Monday 20 December 2004 21:44, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > I agree 100%, this thing looks *horrible* from an aesthetics standpoint.
>
> I presume this is just one personal opinion, and you'll find equally lot of
> people thinking this is an usability improvement.
>
> (Not that I ever want to say what MS does is good, but in this case, it's
> also the default there, and I never heard of complaints [in my company
> almost everyone uses MS ... ;-( ])
But that's because these people don't feel as if it's "their" desktop and thus
don't care too much about the looks of it - they can't even change it, even
if they wanted. Whereas in KDE we are the ones who want it perfect and
actually can have it that way...

Having said that, I sort of got used to the changed behaviour, I don't hate it
and can understand people who like it.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience