KIO->GnomeVFS bridge started (looking for a Common-VFS)

Michael Pyne pynm0001 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 20 23:29:24 GMT 2004

On Monday 20 December 2004 02:45 pm, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 20:19 schrieb nf:
> > That sounds a bit fatalistic: "We know we are heading in the wrong
> > direction, but it's too late - So let's just close the eyes and move on
> > with our autistic libraries..."
>
> Where the hell do you take the impertinence from that gvfs is the lone
> god-given standard and every other solution either has to unconditionally
> worships it or face degradation by calling it "wrong" and "autistic"?

Because it's written in C, silly, and it is therefore automatically
understandable and sane.

C++ on the other hand, although a nice ivory tower language, has no place in
actual useful systems, as it is far too complex.  I really don't see how we
manage to get things done using it.

</sarcasm>

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne