Code and icon move to kdelibs and kdebase

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Mon Dec 20 14:19:25 GMT 2004

[David Faure, Montag, 20. Dezember 2004 14:46]
> I had a look at libktts. I have a question about the naming:
> since the header files being installed are kspeech.h, kspeech_stub.h
> and kspeechsink.h, shouldn't the directory and the library be called
> kspeech?
> Or naming everything ktts, but that's harder to figure out for someone
> who hasn't heard of the acronym before.

I agree that renaming 'ktts' to 'kspeech' would make sense, especially
because there is a different 'libkttsd' in kdeaccessibility.

> Given that there is no actual .cpp code, and no QObject (i.e. no moc
> code either), only pure interfaces (used as DCOP interfaces too), why
> not just install the headers files? I see no need for the libktts.so
> itself.
> (Not that it matters much, and it's always possible to add code there
> later anyway; I'm just wondering).

Gary, do you know what the purpose of libktts.so is? Do you agree that it
can be removed?

Olaf

--
KDE Accessibility Project