kioslave/media compile error

Kévin Ottens ervin at ipsquad.net
Sat Dec 18 21:41:07 GMT 2004

Le Samedi 18 Décembre 2004 22:29, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> The developer must. If you're the developer, then that's you.

That's why I used "I"... ;-)

> The #defines can't change. Imagine what would happen if they did: all
> compiled programs would stop working.
>
> No, the ABI must be kept.

Right.

> Well, it's no use to write a comment saying "you can use this in
> userspace" when the code inside the file doesn't compile in userspace
> cleanly.

I've been mistaken since it worked like a charm here (maybe because of a
Debian patch).

> Facts are more important than comments.

Indeed, that's just because I'm wondering if it should be reported to the
kernel developers since the comment can be misleading... At least I've been
one of its victims.

Anyway thanks to Martin Koller who pointed the issue. ;-)

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."