kioslave/media compile error

Kévin Ottens ervin at ipsquad.net
Sat Dec 18 21:23:24 GMT 2004

Le Samedi 18 Décembre 2004 19:28, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> Let me repeat once again: userspace programs, like KDE, should NOT include
> kernel header files. Copy the necessary structures to a private header.

Do you mean that I should recopy the necessary parts (one struct and several
#define) of linux/cdrom.h into the cpp file? What happened if some of the
#define'd values changes?

I'm not against doing it, I just find a bit weird to be forced to do this when
the purpose of linux/cdrom.h is to be used in userspace programs. I can have
been mistaken but there's a comment in this file explaining why it exists.

> I must have said this 10 times already.

Sorry if I made you repeat it one more time. I guess I wasn't subscribed to
any kde mailing list nor developing for KDE last time you said it. :-/

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."