New accessibility style into kdelibs?

Olaf Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Fri Dec 17 23:35:02 GMT 2004

Hi!

I just commited a new style to kdenonbeta/style-workshop/highcontrast/.

The style is urgently needed to make KDE work for some partially sighted
people who use a black background. The HighContrast style is based on
earlier work by Maksim (Axes style). The new HighContrast style is now
almost complete. The look can still be improved much, and the scaling for
extreme font sizes needs to be fixed in some cases, but the basic
functionality is there.

I wish to move this style to kdelibs/kstyles/highcontrast for KDE 3.4 if
there are no objections. Creating such a style has been in the feature
plan since 3.3, but I thought it is better to ask before committing it
directly.

Any feedback from people more familiar with writing styles is highly
appreciated.

Olaf

--
KDE Accessibility Project