XML/XSD based configuration files.

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Dec 7 20:07:36 GMT 2004

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:14 am, Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> That being said, I still think making config. available from central repos
> (like ldap or db) is an essential goal in this connected world.
There is a way to have both a local database and access a remote database
using the same API, if we want it. Andrew Tridgell (aka Mr Samba) proposed
using the LDB API as a configuration backend. LDB, for those not tracking
Samba4, is the way they are going to do ActiveDirectory support. So instead
of using OpenLDAP (which is a pain to set up and get working with Samba3),
there is a lightweight built in API. It normally talks to a TDB database -
just mmap()ed in for speed and convenience - but can talk to ldapi and maybe
ldap over the wire.

LGPL - http://www.samba.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/samba4/source/lib/ldb/

Tridge is keen to see this happen.

Brad