[patch] Minicli shows app descriptions

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Dec 6 22:14:22 GMT 2004

On Monday 06 December 2004 22:26, Unai Garro wrote:
> I found a feature like this would improve minicli's usability. With the
> attached patch, when a command is typed in, it shows the name and description
> of the application you're about to run. See the screenie and patch for a
> better description ;)

Sometimes I miss the kde1 minicli which only had a lineedit :/

Which kind of use case does this improvement target?
Either you know the name of the executable you want to launch (and then
the description doesn't tell you anything you didn't already know), or
you don't know the name of the executable - and then instead of trying
100 names in minicli (!) you simply open the K menu and start the app, right?
So I fail to see the point...