KDE_EXPORT and compilation breakage in kdepim

Reinhold Kainhofer reinhold at kainhofer.com
Fri Dec 3 12:46:59 GMT 2004

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
>>Obviously gcc 3.3 also doesn't understand the "visible" value for the
>>visibility attribute. Since kdepim has only kdelibs 3.3 as requirement,
>> we really need to get kdepim to compile with kdelibs BRANCH.
>
> BRANCH != 3.3.0 or 3.3.1

Okay, I'll restate: "We really need to get kdepim to compile with kdelibs
3.3.x, where x=0,1,2,...".

>> If it is
>> absolutely necessary, do you see any other way to make compilation of
>> kdepim HEAD work again with kdelibs BRANCH, without explicitly
>
> Just update to the BRANCH's HEAD (*).
>
> (*) We use "HEAD" wrongly. "HEAD" means the latest revision in a branch.
> Our master branch is called MAIN.

Ahm, and that's the problem. kdepim only requires kdelibs 3.3.x, where x can
also be 0 or 1...

It's not so much about me having compile problems, but about kdepim's
general requirements. We require only kdelibs 3.3.x.
So, is there any way (not a dirty hack) to make kdepim compile with kdelibs
3.3.1, which we can commit to kdepim HEAD?

Reinhold