build system: QWizard -> KWizard

Aaron Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 2 01:01:03 GMT 2004

oy! =)

when a class is generated from a .ui file, the KDE build system already does
some massaging of the resulting files to "KDE-ify" them. in a similar vein,
it would be nice to take QWizard .ui files and make them use KWizard instead.

i have a snippet showing what i did to one the Makefile in kdebase/knetattach
to make this hapen:

	http://aseigo.bddf.ca/?pID=1048

KNetAttach now looks like a proper KDE Wizard on my system.

Q #0: Should this be added to the general KDE build system, so other Designer
created QWizards can enjoy the same luvin'?

Q #1: Who would be able to take the snippet at the above URL and do it
properly in the build system?

i ask only because it's a well known fact that i do not do build systems[1],
and that it's a good thing that i don't.

[1] build systems hate me and i hate them. we just fight whenever we get
together and the only losers in the end are the children. er... wait. no, not
the children, it's the people who "get" to use said build system that end up
with the pain. ;-)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
Society is Geometric