RFC: Managing remote folders, KNetAttach sequel

Kévin Ottens ervin at ipsquad.net
Wed Dec 1 19:32:46 GMT 2004

Le Mercredi 1 Décembre 2004 18:43, Aaron Seigo a écrit :
> i think so. system:/ will likely appear in other places that remote:/ won't

Ok.

> speaking of which, "Remote Places" isn't a great user-visible name for the
> remote:/ icon in system:/... it's vague and sounds like it will take you to
> Siberia or Canada's North West Territories ;)

Hehehehe....
Btw, I remind using "Remote Folders" in remote:/

> Network Folders is probably a better term, if we're going to use that in
> knetattach as well.

Feel free to modify it at the relevent places.

> also, i'd suggest that the "New remote folder..." icon in remote:/ should
> always appear in the same place (e.g. first)

Argh... yes... I already think about this one, but I really don't know how to
achieve this though.

> if we weren't already using the KDE logo for the application menu, i'd
> suggest that. =/ this is one for the artists, i think.

Should we send our asking to kde-artist (iirc the name of the list) or some of
them are subscribed here? anyone? :-)

> i thought about that. i'm torn whether or not that will be annoying for
> those who just want to get to their files, though? =/

Indeed... Moreover the icon for going back $HOME is generally... a little
house. On the other hand the "home folder" shortcut still remain on kicker
and the desktop (even if I hate icons on the desktop)

> lol .. hey, i might even do this one, although you _could_ use the
> practice ;-P

You don't read your mail fast enough. ;-)
It's done and comply to kicker coding convention now.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."