KConfig XT / kconfig_compiler

Stefan Nikolaus stefan.nikolaus at stuco.uni-oldenburg.de
Wed Dec 1 11:05:10 GMT 2004

> <stefan.nikolaus at stuco.uni-oldenburg.de> geschrieben:
>> What about defining default values for the parameters passed to the
>> configuration object. Some of the member functions already define
>> default group names.
>> For each member function that takes a variable group name, we define a
>> parameter and a corresponding group in the .kcfg file.

For kdelibs/kdeui this idea will end up with six parameters. Rethinking
this, it could be confusing. So splitting the configuration object seems
to be the only way to handle this issue. Or has anyone another idea?

Another question:
In kdeui/kdockwidget.cpp, e.g. at line 2527, there are also entry names
that are variable. How do I handle these? kconfig_compiler does not
support the generation of entry names with parameters passed to the
configuration object.

Regards,
Stefan

--