KDE Doc: We need meta-HIG

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Thu Aug 26 12:18:18 BST 2004

> * The HIG will be used for in-house development, but should be applicable
> for 3rd parties. In other words, it should be genericly written, and
> dictate the "KDE style", while things specific to the KDE project should be
> elsewhere

As those KDE specific things mostly affect KDE's brand as well they will be
part of KDE's "Corporate Identity Guidelines" (CIG).

Of course for creating the CIG / HIG we take all existing guidelines into
account (even our own ;-)

> Everything I've said is suggestions, wild ideas, and opinions. It's brain
> storming. I'm not saying I'm right. It's straight to the point, imagine
> everything's wrapped in "IMHO".

Ok, I'll try to read everything and in fact we already cared about much of the
stuff you mentioned already.

We'll try to come up with a summary soon.

Greetings,
Torsten