KDE HIG, CIG and AG

Olaf Jan Schmidt ojschmidt at kde.org
Wed Aug 25 15:57:08 BST 2004

On Wednesday 25 August 2004 16:18, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Is access control really needed?

It isn't important to us whether there is a technical access control for the
commiting or simply the rule that only maintainers should commit. It is
probably much more flexible not to restrict access rights, so we maintainers
can say "OK, go ahead and commit".

Getting approval on changes in the style guide is mainly needed to ensure that
changes in the usability part do not contradict the accessibility part, etc.

> Where is the trust among the KDE  community?

There is no lack of trust apart from towards the KDE community, as we are part
of it.

I would like so hear comments in the important parts of the mail now...

Olaf