What Sound System for KDE 4

Tim Jansen tim at tjansen.de
Sun Aug 15 21:56:12 BST 2004

On Sunday 15 August 2004 22:28, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> I think that would result in overengineering. Applications that wants
> advanced features like that, would have to detect the backends
> specifically.

Yes, especially as visualization can be a per-backend feature. For example,
GStreamer implements visualization features as plugin elements that take
audio input and create video output. So the visualization is embedded within
the GStreamer pipeline, and the visualization plugins can not easily be used
if GStreamer does not also decode the media.

bye...