post 3.3 kconfig_xt work

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Aug 12 21:11:55 BST 2004

On Thursday 12 August 2004 22:08, Frans Englich wrote:
> > Do you have any numbers to back this up, in particular on the first 2
> > points? If you don't, you're just making stuff up.
>
> Can't you convince yourself by you doing the research?

It doesn't work that way.  Maks didn't claim that it was slower.  He just said
that Ben's claim was unsubstantiated.

> I consider it pretty hard finding people who don't want their applications
> to use KConfigXT.

I think you're confusing things.  There aren't many people that are opposed to
KConfigXT, but that's not the same as actively wanting to port to it.

I personally don't see any pertinant reason that I would do so in the things
that I maintain.  That doesn't mean that I won't at some point if there's
something that I need from it, but at the present moment there's not and the
current code works well and uses supported APIs.

-Scott