very uncool KJSDebugDialog bug

Ian Reinhart Geiser ian at geiseri.com
Tue Aug 10 07:34:46 BST 2004

I have been trying to fix the bug where konqi dialogs span 3 or 4 screens, and
found the actual evil cause.  In KJSDebugWin i found this nugget:
    QString msg = i18n("An error occurred while attempting to run a script on
this page.\n\n%1 line %2:\n%3")
                  .arg(sourceFragment->sourceFile->url)
                  .arg(sourceFragment->baseLine+ctx.curStmtFirstLine()-1)
                  .arg(exceptionMsg);
Now whats evil is if the URL line has a %2 or %3 in it, we get dialog boxes
that are pretty impressive in size.  (Say 3 screens on xinerama).  You see
these on quite a few sites that do silly things with javascript to detect
browser settings If you have  debugging turned on
http://x-entertainment.com/articles/0765/ is a great example.
the screenshot of what i see is at:
http://www.geiseri.com/pics/dialog_before.png

Ideally most users will not see this, but for those poor souls who do there
are issues.

So my question: How could this be effectively solved w/o a string change, or
at least a minor one.  This is in about 3 places that i can see, and im not
happy with leaving a bug in just because we noticed it this late in the game.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser

--
------(Ian Reinhart Geiser)-----<geiseri at yahoo.com>-----