Experiences rebuilding KDE

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Sun Aug 8 09:41:05 BST 2004

On Sunday 08 August 2004 09:07, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 08 August 2004 05:23, Richard Dale wrote:
> > On Saturday 07 August 2004 22:18, Michael Pyne wrote:

> > > This was where I gave up.  Which is a pity, since a lot of the bindings
> > > modules are really nice, and too little noticed.
> > >         unsermake was disabled, builddir != srcdir
> >
> > There are too many java sources in kdejava/koala/org/kde/koala, and the
> > build problem is because it exceeds a system limit on the shell command
> > line length. This can only fixed by splitting them up into sub packages
> > like 'org/kde/koala/kio' etc, but that's more work than it sounds.
> >
> > -- Richard
>
> So how about disabling kdejava from compilation so that at least the rest
> compiles ?
The python and java bindings compile fine with 'builddir == srcdir'. I don't
know if it's possible to add a check for that in the configuration and
disable only if 'builddir != srcdir'.

But not bothering with two large bindings projects in return for the
convenience of 'builddir != srcdir', seems like throwing the baby out with
the bathwater to me.

-- Richard