google search bar

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Fri Aug 6 14:03:58 BST 2004

El Viernes 06 Agosto 2004 14:41, Arend van Beelen jr. escribió:
> On Friday 06 August 2004 10:54, you wrote:

> But if you want to make the toolbars less crowded I'm sure there are many
> buttons which can be cleaned up first, even the most clean browsers
(Firefox,
> Safari) have a search bar nowadays. IMHO the search bar gives a clear
> indication about a feature which otherwise would go unnoticed to most users.

Well, if it was labeled "Search:" maybe. As it is, the only hint it can be
used to search the Internet is the "G" mini-icon.

If the search bar were independent of the location bar, it would be easier to
disable for those who do dislike it. I tried doing that with a change to the
rc file, but it kept popping out on new pages, if I remember correctly.

Luciano

--
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                                 - Enoch Root