i18n bug regarding Arabic-Indic numbers needinfo.

Diego Iastrubni elcuco at kdemail.net
Sat Apr 24 22:35:22 BST 2004

בשבת, 24 באפריל 2004, 20:07, נכתב על ידי Thiago Macieira:
> Of course, this will only work if you're converting digits (like a phone
> number) to and from base 10. If you stumble over a digit whose value is
> 11, you'll end up with '0' + 11 = ';'.
humans have generally 10 fingers, that is why they use generally the 10 base.
also the phone companies.

> Now, I don't know if there is any script in Unicode that uses base 12,
> 20 or something else, but there's nothing stopping it.
when the kilngon duds will scream "ho`h" I will worry about that... wait..
klingons have also 10 fingers... cool... we are safe... :)

> As for numbers, not just a sequence of digits, you may want to be aware
> that some scripts may decide to put the least significant digit first,
trust me no :)
numbers are ALWAYS ltr. If I am wrong, please prove me wrong.

> so you may have to reorder. But, again, I don't know if there is
> currently any such script in Unicode.
ah! got you!
anyway Shaheed has told me the code works. For me it's enough to commit the
change, sometime next week or the next one :)

--

diego, kde-il translation team

Free MS-Office replacement for most platforms
http://www.openoffice.org/