KGlobalSettings::completionMode() can be read, is not consistent in KDE though

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Apr 24 01:38:04 BST 2004

On Friday 23 April 2004 06:40, Michael Brade wrote:
> On Friday 23 April 2004 00:59, Dawit A. wrote:
> > We already do that. The minute you change the default setting, a new item
> > "Default" is added. Click on it and the completion mode will be reverted
> > back to KGlobalSettings::completionMode(). I have no objections if people
> > want to change "Default" to something more descriptive...
>
> Aha, very nice indeed! So with your fix a couple of mails above regarding
> not saving the setting if it different from the default this leaves us with
> the problem that there is no GUI (!) for changing the default.
>
> Any suggestions where to put something like that?

Your suggestion or guess would be as good as mine :) The problem of where to
put it is why there is no GUI for it already... There are many options, for
example in the io-slaves, that have no configuration option ; so this is not
by far an isolated problem. The worst part about all of it is that most of
these types of options are not documented at all.

--
Regards,
Dawit A.